If a genius like Einstein claims that compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world, should we embrace it or reject it?
If you feel that your money is not growing fast enough, read on….
Harnessing the law of compounding interest is THE most important aspect in wealth accumulation. There are only 4 parameters to apply in order to maximize your wealth accumulation potential:-
- how early in life you start saving/investing
- the earlier you start, the better
2. how long you save for
- the longer you contribute towards your savings or investment plan, the better
3. amount of regular contribution towards your accumulation plan
- the higher your contribution amount, the better
4. rate of return
- the higher the rate of return, the better
Sounds easy enough isn’t it? Then why are Singaporeans having difficulty in achieving their accumulation objectives?
Let’s examine some possible reasons :-
- low savings due to lifestyle choices (choosing Wants over Needs) or over commitment to home and car purchase
- starting late in life on your saving/investment plan due to procrastination or fear of commitment
- not sticking to the accumulation plan long enough – accumulation is a marathon, not a sprint
- not contributing enough resources towards your accumulation plan – You reap what you sow.
- playing it too safe by keeping too much money in the bank at low interest rates, allowing inflation to erode your spending power over time
Successful wealth accumulation requires prudent spending, starting early, contribute the best you can afford, stay the course and be prepared to take calculated risks.
More importantly, take ACTION to better your financial future…you only have One Chance to accumulated for your child’s education and your retirement! Once time has passed, it can NEVER be regained so wait no further.
To re-quote Einstein :-
“Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who
understands TAKES ACTION AND APPLIES it, earns it Achieves financial success … he who doesn’t … pays for it.”
Live life to the Fullest, without Regrets!